We're here, kinda
We got here in one piece. However, our luggage is nowhere to be found, even after two days. Thankfully, we already have good contacts in Angers, through which we were able to find some donated clothing. I had to break down and buy some clothes and shoes today. I think that was the first time in over a year that I've been shopping for myself. Anyway, I hope our luggage arrives within the next week (our standards have dropped considerably),
Elizabeth is right at home with her French proficiency. I just sit and look pretty. I understand about half the words spoken to me. Unfortunately, that really doesn't help me carry on a conversation.
My only complaint with the French so far: who is the genius that decided to make a period a shift character? (and it just took me two years to find that question mark)
a bientot
- because I want my computer (French keyboards are the worst - I've hit the backspace key about twice as much the number of characters you see here)
- I could use another change of clothes
- it's just not right
- other reasons
Elizabeth is right at home with her French proficiency. I just sit and look pretty. I understand about half the words spoken to me. Unfortunately, that really doesn't help me carry on a conversation.
My only complaint with the French so far: who is the genius that decided to make a period a shift character? (and it just took me two years to find that question mark)
a bientot

1 Comments:
At 8:10 PM,
Rosela said…
Sorry I missed your call Saturday. A traveler's worst nightmare hit you. Sure hope all is better soon.
Z- cannot wait to see your new French duds.
Thanks for the posts!
Love you both.
Post a Comment
<< Home