Stinky Cheeze

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

We're online!

No thanks to my computer. Somehow, something was changed deep down in XP so that ports couldn't be opened. I needed that to do work. And, as I found out after I went ahead and took the chance at reinstalling XP, the DSL modem installation software we got from France Telecom needed to do just that to initialize the modem. Everything worked fine after I fixed my computer. At this point I'm blaming the parental control software, which automatically tries to install itself when you stick the France Telecom CD in, for corrupting my computer. But I'm not going to try to prove that theory. Some things are just too idiot proof. We could have been online a week ago :) But it was nice to have that extra week, including the long weekend with Charles and Debra. So, again, what could be viewed as a big inconvenience was actually a blessing.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Wolfgers said…

    Zack,
    I have no idea what you're talking about in this post, but I'm glad you guys are online now. And that you had such a fun weekend--a bike ride in the French countryside--how great!

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Wolfgers said…

    This is erica, in case the name didn't give it away.

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    This is Elizabeth. I have no idea what he's talking about either and I live with him :-)

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Melanie said…

    I'm with ya Zack... I feel your pain on having to do a reinstall... its not fun and you hope it comes back working fine. Glad you both are doing well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home