Food (for thought)
Before we begin... I realize the last post was over a lot of people's heads. It ain't like I'm writing a novel here. I just like to ramble. Just grin and bear it. I probably rant and rave about stuff over here more than I compliment, too. That's just b/c I'm not quite used to the backwards way they do things here. And think about this: I'm doing all this discovery so you don't have to. Anyway, enough with the bore-aphyll.
The food is awesome here. I like having fresh bread daily, which only costs like 50 cents a baguette. In the grocery store, milk comes in a plastic bottle, and it doesn't need to be refrigerated until after it has been opened. In the states we have the dairy aisle. Here they have the cheese aisle, and then another aisle for other dairy products. Its a good thing we walk 2 to 3 miles a day!
We had some pizza the other day. One had 3 kinds of cheese (yes, all were stinky). Another one was called "American" pizza, because the toppings consisted of small hamburger patties and cubed fries. Catsup packets are included with that. I'm not kidding!
They sell flavored syrup which you can pour into plain water or fizzy water to make your own soft drinks. I love it, especially since I haven't quite gotten used to even the bottled water here. So far we've had Grenadine, strawberry, and mint. The mint flavor reminds me too much of being at the dentist, but I think it is used for special occasions, so I guess we gotta get used to it.
Don't put a lot of mustard on your sandwhich here, unless you have sinus blockage you want to clear up.
Whole chickens sometimes have the feet still attached...
Last night we went to a Moroccan restaurant. It was delicious! But next time we'll probably share a plate because I ate about half of my meal and was stuffed. I then found out that they don't do To-Go boxes here... On the way home we saw a big snail on the sidewalk. I helped it to the side so nobody would step on it. We saw a whole bunch out at Charles and Debra's this weekend. You can get these in the grocery store, too. I've actually had them before. Not bad.
This morning I saw a Pizza Hut flyer in the stack of junk we get in our mailbox (one of the similarities with back home that we might be able to do without). Anyway, even that is different, because they're current campaign is for a stuffed crust pizza, which I normally love, but this one looks like it has cheeze-whiz instead of mozarella. I'll have to think about that one.

1 Comments:
At 8:22 PM,
Rosela said…
Hey guys,
Talked to Kathy tonight and discovered that we are not getting all your posts-- what is up with that? We missed the one on French fashion and Kathy says it is a priceless piece.
Still good to share your adventures, good and bad. We are looking into time frames for a visit and will be in touch about it. Keep posting and we just hope we get them but will not know unless we talk to others I guess.
Love you both
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment
<< Home