Around Town
We did some walking today, and took the camera because I had wanted to post some pictures of our neighborhood and Angers.
Remember "American Pizza" that I described in an earlier post? Well, he has a cousin in the sandwich family. Behold, the steak and fries panini! You can get them at most street-side boulangeries. (I took the picture too quickly because I didn't want to look suspicious.)
Across the plaza is the Maison d'Adam. It has some very interesting carvings in the woodwork... We almost rented an expensive dump around the corner, in the same block. Being downtown in the heart of things would have been nice, but that was the only thing. Well, the bathroom was renovated...
Here is the view from our window.
Actually, it is the "Jardin des Plantes". I thought all gardens had plants in them. Anyway, it was very nice and had lots or interesting trees. There was a fenced in animal area, complete with goats, rabbits, guinea pigs and pigeons, all sharing the same space like one big, happy family.
Here is the real view from our window. If you click to enlarge, you can see the main cathedral of Angers in the middle. The maison d'Adam is right in front of that. We walk there almost every day. After a month I no longer get winded taking that walk.
Instead of living next to maison d'Adam, we chose to live next to the Bates Motel. This is the view from our bedroom window of the creepy house across the street. Nobody lives there. It has some broken windows and even some barbed wire. It is structually sound, though. Would be a good fixer upper. The lot is nice and wooded, and I think it is shared by another older house that is in much better condition.
From our living room window you can see the street intersection. The car in this picture has to be the smallest car ever made. There is probably a single cubic meter of room inside.It sounds like a gas-powered golf cart.
I think it is even smaller than a Smart Car, which has much more head room. I am gonna rent one of these to pick you people up if you visit. Guess only one can come at a time, 2 if you're lucky.
Remember "American Pizza" that I described in an earlier post? Well, he has a cousin in the sandwich family. Behold, the steak and fries panini! You can get them at most street-side boulangeries. (I took the picture too quickly because I didn't want to look suspicious.)
Across the plaza is the Maison d'Adam. It has some very interesting carvings in the woodwork... We almost rented an expensive dump around the corner, in the same block. Being downtown in the heart of things would have been nice, but that was the only thing. Well, the bathroom was renovated...
Here is the view from our window.Actually, it is the "Jardin des Plantes". I thought all gardens had plants in them. Anyway, it was very nice and had lots or interesting trees. There was a fenced in animal area, complete with goats, rabbits, guinea pigs and pigeons, all sharing the same space like one big, happy family.
Here is the real view from our window. If you click to enlarge, you can see the main cathedral of Angers in the middle. The maison d'Adam is right in front of that. We walk there almost every day. After a month I no longer get winded taking that walk.
Instead of living next to maison d'Adam, we chose to live next to the Bates Motel. This is the view from our bedroom window of the creepy house across the street. Nobody lives there. It has some broken windows and even some barbed wire. It is structually sound, though. Would be a good fixer upper. The lot is nice and wooded, and I think it is shared by another older house that is in much better condition.
From our living room window you can see the street intersection. The car in this picture has to be the smallest car ever made. There is probably a single cubic meter of room inside.It sounds like a gas-powered golf cart.
I think it is even smaller than a Smart Car, which has much more head room. I am gonna rent one of these to pick you people up if you visit. Guess only one can come at a time, 2 if you're lucky.

2 Comments:
At 8:14 PM,
Rosela said…
Thanks for the great tour. We look forward to seeing what you see when we visit after Christmas.
Love you guys.
At 3:18 PM,
Anonymous said…
Awesome to see your pictures! That sandwich looked awful, who knew you'd find street side bojangles there? kidding, but you really gotta explain your fancy french words, masion. I want to see a picture of you all in a french outfit sometime, ok? -Dana
Post a Comment
<< Home